Good times, bad times

Just a little throwback to the New Year's stayover at Yancy's house, as well as the Christmas (late) exchange! :) It was really fun and enjoyable and I really enjoyed the HTHTs and watching the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip". But more importantly, we managed to Skype Chui and it was really good to see that she is doing fine in San Diego! :D Hopefully we will have more opportunities to skype with her and catch up with our lives! :)




Just today, it was a really long and tiring day for me, but i learnt one very important lesson. While winning is important, what matters most is how the team pushes each other on and how the team can perform dynamically. Today was a loss for softball and hockey. While we lost to Champion Hall, Hall 14, it was really a tough fight for them and we managed to score 4 runs in the 5th inning! Was really proud of us and how we could actually hold them down pretty well during the first 4 innings! I was also really proud of my batting because I think today i managed to hit out to outfield and perhaps my batting so far! Just a few more improvements for the next season:
1. Throwing accuracy and motion
2. Power
3. Speed

As for Hockey, it was really a tough fight even though we lost but it was really a good game played! Although all the hard work and trainings didnt materialize into a win and going to the semi-finals, I guess what's most important is the drive to learn something new and the process of learning together. And I guess we'll come back even more experienced next year. Now it's time to focus on Netball (my shootings), Track and Road Relay (OMG my stamina & speed). Tough times gonna be ahead but I guess the end result would be the most satisfying! :)

And today was my first day playing carom IHRG so it was pretty bad because I got thrashed but I guess its really part of life. Although it was quite depressing, but I guess it was a really good experience for me. I hope I will be stronger for the remaining matches!!! :)))

side note, stilll havent completed my CV and resume for PA. SO screwed but shall leave it to tmr. I'm really tired now :'(

Today was a learning day for me and it's just one week away to the start of school!

and side note:

My opponent here for today's softball match happens to be my classmate for almost all the mods for next sem! Let's work hard together and perhaps play softball together too!!! :)

signing off now,
Christine (Black)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first day at NTU HALL 10- single room

Mid-week November thoughts

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going