Some thoughts over the past few days

Can't believe I'm into the 3rd day of school but I feel so lost and have no idea what I am even doing in this first week of school. Guess I'm stuck in the holiday mode. :(

IHG is still ongoing for me, given that I have Netball to compete, road relay possibly and still considering track. Having a love-hate relationship with Netball, somehow I ended up playing netball again in Hall. Netball was a sport I hated in secondary school despite 4 years playing it. Especially after all the constant disappointments, I wasn't sure if I could handle it again. And being an experienced player, there are so many who have high expectations of me. I hope I can rise to the occasion and live up to it. Last season was pretty ok but I felt I could have performed. And I have no idea why I get tired so easily. One could be that I'm running around unnecessarily, or second, my asthma attack might come back again. Being breathless almost everytime, I looked really weak and am perceived to be someone who gets tired so easily. Sometimes, when I think back about all the sports that I join in, I have no idea why I decided to take part in so many things, and putting myself into many commitments. :(

And just this morning, I went to do my time trials for road relay and it was pretty bad. (13mins 18sec). I got tired at the end and I wonder if its from the shagness I felt from the previous day's netball match. :( But it is really bad and it shows that I have not improved. And sometimes, I dont even know why Im putting myself into all these pain and trainings? Its really nice to have someone there to constantly motivate you and I really there would someone there. Nevertheless, I hope I grow stronger out of all these and become a better person and perhaps, run even faster. Days like these tells me to give up, yet another side of me tells me I can do so much better than this, and I can improve much more than this. Track and Road Relay IHG is just round the corner and I really hope that my efforts will be materialized into reachable results, and breaking new records and barriers each time.

Today I went to watch the guys Takraw match. We were doing pretty well at the start but I guess it was just short-lived. Nevertheless, they put up a good fight, and I hoped that they had no regrets. However, what saddened me the most was that the one team of graduating seniors almost didnt get the chance to play the 3rd set, despite already losing the first 2 sets. It was quite saddening to see that and well, in life, things always never go the way you want it, no matter how much you want it to be. Today is the I learnt it, in a very sad way.

Just a little throwback to yesterday's match.

Yesterday was a tough and close fight and we lost barely by 3 points. I need to improve on my fitness and need to improve my players. I could have done even better yesterday, but its already over so I will just have to do better for the next few games and win all them back. And I am grateful to Lynn, Xiangyue and the teamm for entrusting me with various positions, although I'm not zai.

Time to train more on my fitness tmr and hopefully I will become better.

So many dilemmas ahead of me. It's really nice to talk to someone but sometimes, some things are better left unsaid because it brings sadness and frustration when your recall about it. I hope I can find that special someone whom I can rely on in times of hardship.

But this quote really pushes me on even when I find myself lost somewhere: "Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself"

I hope I will become a better person and may all these hurdles mould me into a resilient person.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first day at NTU HALL 10- single room

Mid-week November thoughts

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going